Thursday, June 28, 2012

Allergies...

Aaargh!

I'm having a lot of trouble with my allergies today making it very difficult to breathe through my nose!! So, in desperation I have taped my lips shut. By doing so, I'm preventing myself from even accidentally breathing through my mouth. Also, I'm helping my sinuses to calm down by moving mucous through my nose instead of letting it dry up and irritate my sinuses. Already I feel better.

I'm still getting use to breathing through my nose. Nasal breathing requires more physical effort than mouth breathing and that feeling of effort used to make me think that I wasn't getting enough air. But that's not the case! Slowing my breathing down actually allows my body to take in more oxygen than if I breathed through my mouth.

I notice that I also feel more relaxed when I nasal breathe. Ahhhhhh....

Just in the time it took me to write this my nose has calmed down and I haven't sneezed in a while. I'm still a little stuffy but I can breathe fine. I'm hoping if I can keep this up that some day I won't have nasal allergy symptoms. We shall see!

Ssssnnnnffff!

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment